“I feel that it is an amazing experience to work at Mount St. Francis. I feel inspired and encouraged as I walk with these strong women who are aging so beautifully and gracefully. They take the time to care for us, to pray for us, and to appreciate and laugh with us! They have included us, their staff, to join them as they lead us in this dance called life.”
The Sisters of St. Francis is an equal opportunity employer with more than 200 staff members serving in various capacities including nursing, maintenance, professional administration, food services, finance, and much more. We are looking for enthusiastic, hardworking and caring individuals who will assist in our mission.
MSFC Employee Mission Statement
As employees of the Sisters of St. Francis community we are called to provide a life of quality for all residents and staff. We agree to model these four core values:
- Welcoming community: We welcome others with respect, concern, and acceptance as a way of creating a caring community and treat ourselves and one another with kindness and dignity.
- Peaceful environment: We accept and respect the differences and needs of others and foster shared decision-making. We support and encourage residents and staff to freely pursue personal, professional, communal, and spiritual development.
- Respectful service: We graciously respond to the needs of others with respect and humility, which nurtures and values others’ integrity, dignity, and differences. We assure that the basic needs of life are met through quality care.
- Care of the Earth: We strive to be aware and respectful of the environment by carefully using the Earth’s resources and reducing waste.
Accepting applications for a position in laundry/housekeeping. This position is full-time, first shift, with occasional Saturdays. No holidays. Full benefit package available. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Accepting applications for a part-time cook, 24 hours per week – 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. – two shifts per week and every other weekend. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Excellent benefit package available.
The congregations of the Sisters of St. Francis and Sisters of Charity, BVM are currently welcoming applications for the role of Social Justice Coordinator. Inspired by the mission and values of both congregations, the individual in this role will promote justice education, advocacy, and action with respect to current issues of social justice. Responsibilities include:
- Planning and implementing advocacy, action, and communication on behalf of the congregations regarding critical justice concerns
- Offering a variety of educational opportunities focused on justice, Catholic Social Teaching, the congregations’ corporate stances and peace-making skills
- Advocating on behalf of those in need at local, state, and national levels
Qualified candidates will demonstrate a knowledge of Catholic Social Teaching, a strong commitment to and passion for justice, and an understanding or willingness to learn the congregations’ charisms. Must possess strong organizational, written and verbal communication, leadership and technology skills and be open to varied points of view and cultures. Bachelor’s degree and/or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in justice ministry preferred.
Interested candidates email a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Sisters of Charity, BVM
Attn: Human Resources
1100 Carmel Dr
Dubuque, IA 52001
The Coordinator of Programming will develop and implement programs designed to call people to God and fullness of life. Organizational, relational and computer skills are necessary. Background in religious studies, pastoral studies or theology, and experience in related field are preferred. This position is full-time – 30 hours/week with a full benefit package. Applications are due February 15. Please send letter of application & resume to: Shalom Spirituality Center, 1001 Davis St., Dubuque, IA 52001 or e-mail resumes to: email@example.com.
Accepting applications for a full-time HVAC mechanic. Work will include new construction, remodeling, repair and maintenance of the Mount St. Francis Center grounds, buildings, equipment and vehicles. 3 – 5 years preferred experience in commercial and industrial service work. State of Iowa HVAC/R License required or ability to obtain in one year of employment. Must be a self-starter. Must maintain a valid drivers license and be available for on-call schedule rotation. Pay range: $18.05 – $25.60 per hour commensurate with experience plus full benefit package.
Accepting applications for food service homemakers. Food service homemakers assist with serving meals and snacks, and in collaboration with other team members, plan and facilitate activities for sisters that involve food preparation or other activities specific to the kitchen. All positions include weekends and holiday rotations. Pay range: $10.30/hour.
Accepting applications for FT/PT/PRN, with possible weekend package options. (Must be 18 years of age to apply.) The caregiver provides physical care to the sisters to meet their daily needs and to enable them to function at the highest possible level. Caregivers assist at meal times; change bed linens; exercise and walk sisters; take and record vitals; help with a sister’s personal care such as positioning, dressing, bathing and grooming; and other duties as assigned.