The St. Francis of Dubuque initiated the Canticle of Creation Center in 2017 as one way to share our Franciscan legacy of striving to live in right relationship with all creation.
Canticle of Creation Center:
An Earth Sanctuary of Solitude and Study
Honoring our Franciscan heritage that All is Gift and in a spirit of gratitude, we are committed to live in right relationship with all creation, by:
- Cherishing and caring for the land entrusted to us
- Inspiring a deepening awareness and appreciation of the natural beauty of Earth, our Common Home
- Strengthening awareness of the interconnectedness of all life
- Fostering learning, reflection, respite and healing through individual and shared experiences with creation
- Collaborating wherever possible, modeling nature’s web of interrelationships
The CoCC is a place for all ages. Some of our offerings will include
- Workshops, Speakers, Presentations, Lectures
- Day camps for youth
- Mindfulness practices
- Prairie walks
- Mini science lab experiences
- Practicum for college environmental science students
- Seasonal rituals/activities to connect people to
For more information about the Canticle of Creation Center, contact Lori Apel by phone at (563) 583-9786 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calendar of Events
February 24, 2020 – Reuse, Recycle, Repurpose — Living Green in Today’s World, 6:30 p.m.
Bev Wagner, Education & Communication Coordinator for the Dubuque Metropolitan Solid Waste Agency will discuss how to live green in today’s world. To register, email Lori Apel at email@example.com or call (563) 583-9786.
March 16, 2020 – My Journey to Climate Advocacy, 6:30 p.m.
Loras College Student and LEAF Club member Jacob Jansen will share his journey to climate advocacy. To register, email Lori Apel at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (563) 583-9786.
April 13, 2020 – Intersectionality and Climate Crisis, 6:30 p.m.
Sister Nancy Miller, OSF will present, “Intersectionality and Climate Crisis.” To register, email Lori Apel at email@example.com or call (563) 583-9786.
May 11, 2020 – Dubuque’s Climate Action Plan, 6:30 p.m.
The City of Dubuque’s Sustainable Community Coordinator Gina Bell will present Dubuque’s Climate Action Plan. To register, email Lori Apel at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (563) 583-9786.