The Sisters of St. Francis is an equal opportunity employer with more than 200 staff members serving in various capacities including nursing, maintenance, professional administration, food services, finance, and much more. We are looking for enthusiastic, hardworking and caring individuals who will assist in our mission.
MSFC Employee Mission Statement
As employees of the Sisters of St. Francis community we are called to provide a life of quality for all residents and staff. We agree to model these four core values:
- Welcoming community: We welcome others with respect, concern, and acceptance as a way of creating a caring community and treat ourselves and one another with kindness and dignity.
- Peaceful environment: We accept and respect the differences and needs of others and foster shared decision-making. We support and encourage residents and staff to freely pursue personal, professional, communal, and spiritual development.
- Respectful service: We graciously respond to the needs of others with respect and humility, which nurtures and values others’ integrity, dignity, and differences. We assure that the basic needs of life are met through quality care.
- Care of the Earth: We strive to be aware and respectful of the environment by carefully using the Earth’s resources and reducing waste.
Full-Time Maintenance Staff – 40 hours per week
Sunday and Monday Night – 2nd Shift (3:30 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.) and Wednesday, Thursday, Friday – 1st Shift (7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
Tasks would include assisting in buildings, equipment, and furnishings maintenance or repairs, and performs tasks on the grounds which may include lawn mowing and trimming, tree trimming and pruning, and other related duties.
- Assists in building maintenance, painting, and minor building repairs.
- Performs repairs on wheel chairs, walkers, beds and other resident equipment.
- Performs custodial services as assigned and as necessary.
- Assists with grounds maintenance which may include snow removal, work in the garden, harvesting apples, pears, grapes, etc.
- Must be a self-starter and able to read and interpret work requests and task lists.
- Assists in other maintenance work and services as assigned.
- Carries a phone and is on call as required.
We are seeking a housekeeper to work with our team on the day shift – 40 hours per week with weekend rotation every 4th weekend.
Excellent benefits including 401k, Paid Time Off, Sick Pay and Holiday Pay. Insurances are available to employee beginning first of the month following your date of hire! Insurance options include: Life, Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Accident, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Accepting applications for a full-time cook to prepare nutritional and appealing meals for sisters, staff, guests and for special functions and events. This position uses standardized recipes; stores food items according to safety standards; distributes food; demonstrates skill in use and care of food production equipment; places food orders when necessary; maintains clean and orderly work area; and adheres to all safety and sanitation policies. The position of cook will be 32 to 40 hours per week and includes weekend and holiday rotations. Shifts are 6:45 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. and 10:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. A full benefit package is included the first of the month following date of hire including health, dental, vision and life insurance. Also available are short and long term disability, accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity. Other benefits include a generous holiday pay, PTO (paid time off) and ESB (extended sick pay) program along with flex spending plan, employee retirement, 401(k) with matching contributions.
Food Service Homemaker (Part-time)
Accepting applications for a part-time food service homemaker. 18-24 hours bi-weekly; 3-4 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Includes weekends and holiday rotations.
Accepting applications for a full-time HVACR. State of Iowa mechanical license required or the ability to obtain in one year of employment; 3-5 years’ experience in commercial and industrial service work with a background in water to air geothermal preferred; must be a self-starter, available for on-call schedule, have a valid driver license, and able to lift 50 lbs. Full benefit package.
Accepting applications for full and part-time nurses. Applicants are required to be a licensed practical nurse or registered nurse and will be providing and supervising all medical care given to sisters.
Accepting applications for FT/PT/PRN, with possible weekend package options. (Must be 18 years of age to apply.) The caregiver provides physical care to the sisters to meet their daily needs and to enable them to function at the highest possible level. Caregivers assist at meal times; change bed linens; exercise and walk sisters; take and record vitals; help with a sister’s personal care such as positioning, dressing, bathing and grooming; and other duties as assigned.